Going on vacation is a necessity to get away from the rigors of our hectic everyday life. I just recently took a week long vacation and it was an amazing and refreshing break from the daily gring. This time I rented a car and just drove.
I managed to visit a few cities along the coast and even spent a night in a campground to break up the monotony of staying in hotels. But, the fact remains that vacations are rather expensive now-a-days and its hard to find time or money to hit the local gym when you’re on holiday. I have come up with a few fitness tips that may help you get that needed exercise without the cost while you’re on the road.
Top Ten Vacation Fitness Tips
1. Go for a walk or jog in the morning to explore the new scenery.
2. Use the stairs instead of the elevator.
3. Walk a few more blocks instead of catching a cab.
4. After your nice morning walk/jog, super-set a few push-ups, crunches, and squats to get a nice little pump in the hotel room. Try and do a couple sets of 15-20 repetitions.
5. Hit the pool for a nice little swim.
6. If driving, stop every so often to stretch or a 5-10 minute walk.
7. If flying or driving, sit in correct posture and try to flex your abs for as long as you can, repeat often. In fact, posture is crucially important because it sets the tone, mood and general dynamic of your day.
8. Always stay hydrated.
9. Plan fun non-stressful activities that involve staying active and burning calories.
10. Sleep is a necessity, so always get enough sleep so that you can enjoy your time away.